[AT] Portland Show (Official response)

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Mon Aug 3 09:51:31 PDT 2009

    Okay, Guys;
    Time for my official annual report from Portland.

    First item is camping;
    Our status was greatly improved last year by out volunteer activities
and having these documented by turning in the vouchers. Talked with herald
last week and he will be reserving our regular main area we have had along
with the area by the creek. Will likely have 2 spots on the corner where
Steve and Tim usually camp. Also any space we can get across the bridge that
is open when we get there, mainly for parking of personal vehicles. We had 4
volunteers on work day and that was a point in our favor.

    Tractor parking;
    Dave Pyle can not reserve us an area for our tractors, but he will work
with us to see that we can rope off an area where we can set up canopies. I
will bring mine and Gary will bring his. Have one more committed and we can
use 1 or 2 more. I will get with Dave as soon as I get there on Saturday and
stake off an area for our use only. We don't have shade trees there, but by
golly we have enough canopies between us to set up a lot to protect from a
lot of sun and rain. Hopefully we can have some demonstrations too. Dave has
suggested the area next to where the crawler tractors and steamers are. I
will get as much of that corner as I can get roped off. Will have the full
row width so we will have access from both sides. I still have the banners
and will have them prominently displayed.

    The directors acknowledge that there has been some glitches with the new
display layout. They want to hear from anyone with concerns and suggestions.
If anyone wants to contact any directors directly I can provide the contact
information. Will not post it in a message but can send in a personal email
message. Of course the information is available on their web site for the
ones willing to research it.

    As you all know, I can not do this strictly on my own. We all need to
cooperate on this and make ourselves known. We all need to make a commitment
and then follow through. If we get our own area, let's fill it up and let
people know who we are.

                    Gene Dotson, A T I S Tractor Camping Wagonmaster

                                                Also

                    Power Coordinator for Girard Family Threshing