[AT] OT : problems with rv ac portland coming soon .

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Aug 3 04:35:38 PDT 2009

It sounds like your generator was not set to provide the rated wattage
at 60cycle.  I have collected Onan generators for many years and have a
couple of digital meters with frequency capability.  When I test a
generator I load it with heaters (1500 WATT) and light bulbs to the
rated capacity and check the frequency.  At 3000watt, it should hold
frequency to 59 to 61 hz.  If not, I would take it back to where I got
it.  Some of the late import generators have a shut down system to shut
the motor off when the load drops the frequency more than 5 hz.  This
keeps it from harming sensitive electronic devices on the load...

The dealers do the same things with a load bank, my system just costs a
lot less....

Cecil in OKla