[Farmall] Clutch throwout bearing

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Wed Apr 29 16:46:11 PDT 2009

If you buy the C/Ih graphite bearing you will find it lasts better.  I
have tried the roller/ball bearing types, and also aftermarket graphite
ones.  neither lasted more thna a few months.  The IH graphite bearing
comes prelubed with the graphite soaked with oil.  the after market ones
are dry and do not get any lube till it soaks through the graphite form
the rear.

Tractorman453657 at aol.com wrote:
> Mike is correct in that the original graphite bearings lasted 50 +  years.
> The problem with the replacement graphite bearings made today are they  are
> foreign made and are of poor quality. I have had NO luck with them. The
> reason someone came up with the idea of a roller  replacement is because of
> the poor quality replacement bearings made of graphite.  The roller   bearing
> will last  a long time also . the problem is that the roller  bearings  has
> very little grease in them so you have to pop the seal and  repack it with a
> good quality wheel bearing grease. I have posted this many  times on the
> fourm.When you receive your warranted bearing  pop the seal  and repack it. It
> will last much longer than the graphite bearings made  today.

John *.?-!.* cub owner

E. John Puckett
10142 Mahagony Rd.
Potosi, Mo. 63664