[AT] Trailer hitch ball mount

David Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Sun Apr 5 16:59:11 PDT 2009

Hi Dick,
On Apr 5, 2009, at 6:15 PM, Dick Day wrote:

> Hidden Hitch is a Draw-Tite brand, so it may or may not be USA made,
> I will
> check it out, thank you.
I use a Hidden Hitch receiver (w/2 3/16 ball) when towing my 10,000
GVW flatbed trailer. I had it loaded to 9,845 GVW when hauling a 11 HP
Austral engine from CA to PA. (Almost 2,500 miles.) Had no trouble at
all behind my F350 (7.3) at 75-80 mph. It DOES NOT have stamped into
the metal "Made in the USA." No place of manufacture is given.

> Also, I believe Class V is for a 2.5" receiver. Mine is a 2".
> Again, I'll check it out.
I believe that you may be correct re: the class V hitch. Class IV will
give you 10,000 lbs. GVW and, as I recall you said that you were only
hauling ~8,000 GVW. Class IV is 2". (Some class V may be 2" as well.
I'm sure that the folks at the # below can provide accurate
information on this.)

> I wonder why 6" is the most drop they make in drop forged?
That's an interesting question since I've always been led to believe
that "drop forged" was "better." If you find out the reason please
inform the rest of us. (It could simply be a question of cost to set
up for the drop forge vs. the demand for the product.)