[AT] Trailer hitch ball mount: RESOLVED--China

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 12 17:56:32 PDT 2009

On Apr 12, 2009, at 8:06 AM, John Hall wrote:

> ...--here is one that is downright scary.

Of course, there is always a worse story:

> Ordered my parts from Autozone. Made in China---and the groove for the
> retaining clip was cut in the wrong place on one of them

A fellow I knew while flying helicopters in the Navy Reserves had gone
on to command a tender ship.  It got some major work done in the
boiler room in Taiwan (or some such Pacific place).  They removed and
replaced some of the steam lines that carry 1200 pound steam at 1200
degrees F.  On the first day at sea for trials, one of the lines
broke.  7 sailors died instantly.

Wrong bolts were used.  The captain lost his career.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.