[AT] almost NOS John Deere

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 12 14:23:08 PDT 2009

I saw an article in Successful Farming about an auction for a John Deere
4440 that had only 47 hours. It sold for some over $4?,000 recently. I
believe the fellow that owns Kinze Mfg. bought it. The story goes the fellow
that owned it was farming full scale--until they found oil on his land.
Evidently he didn't any more money after that so he just parked a lot of his
equipment instead of selling it. Also had a combine of similar vintage with
400 hours. Can't help but wonder did a collector get the combine or is it
headed to the field.

John Hall