[AT] Free info on 2 items

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Apr 5 15:17:11 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Moden" <brucemoden at yahoo.com>
To: "AT Tractor Antique Tractor" <AT at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:25 AM
Subject: [AT] Free info on 2 items

Bentonite- is a clay in the Pharmaceutical industry it is used in some
protective hand creams as a water or oil repellent, I presume using it in
grease adds body to the grease & makes it coat the parts better. It is the
same as drilling mud but of finer refined particle size (large particles
might act the same as sand & wear parts).

After trying to walk on wet yellow clay like we have here in Sask. I can
agree to the "greasey" characteristics of it.
I'll check my JD mower manual again just to be sure of their grease
recommendations.

Ralph in Sask.