[AT] Farmer, your email/phone no.

Mark Greer markagreer at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 2 05:44:01 PDT 2009

Herb
Why not just put new seals in your old Horse? Both the tine shaft seals and
the axle seals are easy to replace. I've done a couple tillers like this
(mine, Dad's, my brother's, and one I fixed up to sell). On the axle seals
you knock out the roll pins on the wheel hub and pull the wheels. From there
you just pull the old seals and drive new ones in. The tine shaft seals
aren't much different. You take the big bolt or nut off the end of each tine
set and the whole tine set pops off the tapered shaft stub. From there you
just pop the old seals out and drive new ones in. It helps if you pressure
wash both areas before you start working and put some tape over the holes in
the wheel shafts so that you don't slice the new seal lip as you slide it
down the shaft to the gearbox.
Mark