[AT] Hydraulics on 9n won't work.

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 03:38:30 PDT 2009

Hello,

My neighbor called me last night about his Ford Tractor, I believe it is a 9n, all gray.

He said his hydraulic 3pt won't lift. I have had a little experience with an 8n. Asked him if the pto was running, he said yes. Asked him if he had enough fluid in the casing, he said yes.

He said he can lift the hitch arms so it does not seem to be locked up.

Its been about 50 here so I doubt there is an ice issue.

Asked him if it was warmed up, he said yes.

I was thinking that maybe there was water in the casing that may have damaged something.... ?

Can the pump lose prime? As I remember it runs in oil, so how could it lose prime?

Sorry I don't have any more facts, was not able to go and look at it myself. Any ideas on how to get this hitch working again?

Regards,

Will Powell (Pennsylvania)