[Farmall] Couple more newbie questions

Lisa Kelley pippi-longstocking- at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 17:11:35 PDT 2008

Thanks much for the responses to my overrun question-

so-- do we think I really should install one before operating the bush hog "squeeler" ??? This model is a pull type and it says the operating max PTO speed is 540---- which is (unless I'm mistaken) the speed of the H's . It's 6ft wide and the blade(s)  are the type attached to an oval shape doo dad and they are not fixed, they swing/flail whatever. Pardon my lack of proper terminology ... ;-)

I would get an overrun if it was the best way to go--- I'm just not clear whether this particular bushhog has the inertia/rotation that would cause me trouble without an overrun?

another kind of dumb question---just how tippy is an H say if you are doing mowing and bush hogging on lumpy bumpy old fields that never had a single stone pulled out of them?   ;-) I have a junker H for parts with a wide front end I could mount up.

last question for now--- saw a McCormick Deering loader for sale-- model is supposed to mount up to the H.  Old fellah next door said "Oh don't bother with one of those" I was kinda thinking for a couple hundred bucks to have a loader that is made for the H-- so that I could move some manure from point A to point B... didn't seem too bad? i uderstand you have to use a hand trip to dump the bucket. Frame and bucket(s) a big and a small) looked good--maybe needed to replace or machine the cylinders. price was $300