[AT] Spam> Blue Devil brand stop-leak

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 20:36:37 PDT 2008

Bar's Leak claims to be installed by the factory in about 3 out of 4 new cars.
http://www.barsleaks.net/barsstory.html
I have used it since the 1950's. A couple of stop leak products I
tried years ago built up in the radiator cores and heater cores and
had to be flushed out. I have never seen that with the Bar's Leak. I
have also used the Prestone product successfully and also that silver
powder but only once. It seemed OK.

On 9/28/08, Beal Gleason <farmerbeal at aol.com> wrote:
> On the Ferg. without a doubt the leak is through the center main &
> stopleak won't stop the leak there. As the tractor works it opens the
> leak & breaks the sealer loose. The cont. engines were bad about
> splitting through    the center main.
>
> Farmerbeal
>
> On Sep 28, 2008, at 7:14 PM, John Hall wrote:
>
>> Now that sounds interesting!
>>
>> The 2 sealers I swear by have never failed us--I've tried a few
>> others years
>> ago that were pretty much worthless in my opinion.
>>
>> Speaking of sealers, the Ferguson we rebuilt this spring had been
>> leaking
>> water into the oil for quite some time. The owners had dumped quite
>> a bit of
>> stop leak in it. To say there was quite a bit of gooey mess inside
>> the block
>> is an understatement!
>>
>> John

"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)