[Farmall] Some ads from teh 9/27 Lancaster Farming

Skip Cleveland skipcleveland at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 27 19:08:52 PDT 2008

There is an over restored 1959 Flip Top just down the street. It belongs to
a customer of mine. It is powered with a 332 V8.
We filled some silos way back when, early 1950s, and used a regular to
operate the silo filler.  I had to unhook the thing every load to back
wagons up to the blower then line the beast back up in the belt. A friendly
JD dealer saw us and decided he could make a quick sale. He brought a brand
new 1950 something "B" with all the trimmings while my dad wasn't looking
and I used it. It was cute and sounded nice. My dad hated it. I had to start
the dam regular, of course by hand, and leave the little B unused. The
neighbor kid used my '50 "C" to pull the wagons from the field and just left
them unhooked in the yard.
My dad sold IHC so I guess I can understand his dislike for the Johnny
Popper.
Howzat for a tractor reference?
Skip