[AT] Where's the Serial No. on the IHC W-4?

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 18:28:46 PDT 2008

I finally got both internet connection and the tractor in one place.

The serial no. on my W-4 is " W  BH  28354  WI"
This indicates that it is a 1951 tractor. This is consistent with the
info from a casting date that indicates December 1950.

I have just ordered manuals for my W-4 from
http://www.binderbooks.com/

  W-4    McCormick Deering.  Built from 1940-1954 - Serial numbers
501-34176 with the C-152 engine.
1004211 	  	Operators manual,
TC-30E 	  	        Parts Catalog
GSS-5032 	  	Service manual, engine and chassis
GSS-5053 	  	Clutch Service

It appears that these are reprinted original manuals.  Just now I
can't find the web site that offered original manuals (for more
money).  If these are well printed, though, I should be all right.

Next things to do are to find a bush hog for it, or get a three point
hitch for it, then find a bush hog, and then modify the plow so it
swings (the one on the tractor does not swing.)

Roy

Roy Morgan
13033 Downey Mill Rd
Lovettsville, VA 20180