[AT] DR

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Fri Sep 19 10:19:28 PDT 2008

It is a spin-off from when Garden Way / Troy-Bilt got swallowed up.

Many of the employees bailed out and started DR.

http://www.drpower.com/contentpages/cstm_WhereWeStarted.aspx

Their ads have much of the look of the old Troy-Bilt direct TV ads.

Troy-Bilt was originally formed from the bankruptcy of the original
Rototiller(R) company, in Troy NY, approx 1960 or so.

My father drove us to Troy to pick up an original T1 Rototiller,
ie pre-Troy-Bilt, still have it. Would be a good one to fix up and show.

Sometime in the 70's I bought a Troy-Bilt Horse direct, showed up
on a semi that didn't have a liftgate or ramp. We ended up having to
drop it off the back of the truck on its pallet.
Didn't bother it a bit.  Try that with an MTD!

Sold the Horse a few years ago, wish I still had it.

Dave Merchant