[AT] mower deck coating

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:00:13 PDT 2008

DR has a ZTR??  Cool, I'll have to check that out.  I have learned
something with my DR brush mower.  The more I mow the brush, the more
it starts to look like a  #$%^&* lawn!  After a couple of seasons, I
am using the brush deck rarely now, and doing a lot more mowing of
those areas with the finish deck.  I am up to a 4-6 hour session every
time I mow (4-ish hrs if I catch it within 7-10 days; and up to 6 hrs
if I get up past 10-14 days) and that's with a 42" deck and a fast
walking pace with the DR in 3rd.

My experience with the DR is fine so far.  It's reasonably well built.
 I've mowed all kinds of crap with the brush deck; it's literally a
30" bushhog and down in 1st with the diff locked that machine will
climb a tree.  I think my biggest complaint was the ergonomics of the
finish mower.  It's heavier than the brush deck.  I think the whole
machine was originally designed around the brush deck and the finish
deck is an afterthought.  The finish deck is therefore harder to
maneuver and takes a fair amount of downforce on the handlebars.  I
fixed that by welding up some scrap stock into a 45 lb weight and
bolting it to the handlebars.  It's much better now, although now it's
pretty light and wants to "wheelie" using the brush deck.  It's a fine
tradeoff for me.

Back to ZTR.  I need to spend less hours on this job!  Might be an option.

Steve O.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 9:11 AM, charlie hill <chill8 at suddenlink.net> wrote:
> Steve speaking  of DR.  Have you noticed that they are now making a line of
> zero turn mowers?  They look pretty good but I don't have any experience
> with DR stuff.
>
> Charlie

>>> 1400 hours. It's priced OK but has a lot of hours.   I  know the owner