[AT] OT---Yazoo YR60 mower

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 14 05:07:02 PDT 2008

 We are about to finish up resurrecting an older Yazoo mower. It's one of
those 3 wheeled  machines with a huge deck out front and an 18hp Wisconsin
for a power plant. Undoubtedly one of the most dangerous to operate machines
I have ever seen. These have been obsoleted by Yazoo so we have been getting
parts from  Napa and Wisconsin. We are almost ready to send this contraption
home. My question is about the transmission. There is no check plug, only a
drain. How much and what type of oil does this it use? Also anybody have a
clue how the brakes work? I am afraid we are going to have to open it up to
find out. It appears you have to drop the transmission and maybe the engine
just to get to them.

John