[AT] Tire Orientation

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Thu Sep 11 18:27:27 PDT 2008

I missed some of this discussion but thought I'd throw in my 2
cents.  Years ago my farmer uncle told me the reason for having the
tread cleats point forward was so the dirt between the cleats would
self-clean when the tires slipped and give better
traction.  Reversing the tires would cause then to "scoop up" dirt
when they slip bringing an undesirable cushion of dirt under the tire
and filling up the space between cleats.  Made sense to me..    John