[AT] Cub Cadet values

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Sep 9 13:11:07 PDT 2008

Larry & Barb Dotson wrote:
> Bruce
>
> Yanmar has been making compact diesel tractors for many years. They began
> importing them into the USA in the late 70's. My brother was a dealer for
> them and still has his tractor with loader and tiller. Somewhere around the
> mid 80's they signed an agreement with John Deere to supply all of their
> small compact diesel tractors. These enclude the 650, 750 850 and so on. The
> agreement forbid Yanmar from competing in the US although they continued to
> make their own line for other countries especially Japan. On Feb 8th 2007
> there was an anouncment that Yanmar and MTD formed a partnership for the new
> line to be called Cub Cadet Yanmar to be headquartered in Valley City Ohio.
> These compact Diesels are now available at the Cub Cadet dealers for
> tractors under 50 HP.
>
> Larry Dotson

Yep and they stopped shipping the Mahindra/Mitsubishi built units the
same day! The local dealer here is the #1 Cub Cadet dealer in the US. He
was HOT when they told him, "Sorry, no more until Yanmar starts shipping".
  Considering that on a bad week he would sell 10 compacts you can
imagine what the shut off did for his sales. So he talked to Mahindra
who were building the actual tractors under contract, they made him a
dealer in about 10 minutes and he sold them until the Yanmar units
showed up.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York