[AT] Cub Cadet values

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Sep 7 17:07:51 PDT 2008

charlie hill wrote:
> Thanks H.L.  I don't see that as a bad thing.  Better than MTD branded as
> Cub Cadet.  At least they are honest in their advertizing.
>
> Charlie

Yanmar is now building the "compact" tractors for MTD who has owned Cub
Cadet since 1984. They were building for John Deere but MTD gave them a
better contract. Prior to Yanmar the compact diesels were made by
Mitsubishi and the larger ones were Mahindras. It gets real convoluted
when you start looking at that class of tractor. None of them are US
made. Case/IH are generally Mahindra, JD was Yanmar, I think the new
ones are Mitsubishi made,

As for the value of originals and the 100 series the originals are worth
500-800 IF they are in top condition and have all the correct parts. The
100 series are about the same.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York