[AT] Value of a '52 WD

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Fri Sep 5 20:36:20 PDT 2008

I am no longer able to  do anything with my tractors due to declining
health.  As much as it kills me, I am starting to sell off the few tractors
that I have acquired over the years.

Several years ago, I bought from Roger Welsch a '52 WD in pretty good shape
(the tin is in excellent condition).  It had been parked behind one of his
buildings for about 10 years when I brought it home.  Last year, we went
through the tractor and got everything in working order except for the
brakes and clutch.  The brakes seem to work ok but the clutch definitely
needs some attention.  At this point, after a new radiator, wiring harness,
coil, battery, flywheel ring, seals, gaskets, starter drive etc, I probably
have about $1300 tied up in it.

Now that I want to sell it, we could not get it to fire up.  A neighbor was
nice enough to come over and help me. The battery I bought for it last year
will not even hold a charge.  I am not in a position  to work on it and
don't want to invest more time and money in this tractor.  So, I want to
sell it in its non-running shape. The tires are 70% and not in bad shape.

Any clue as to what this could bring? I realize I will never get my money
out of it, but would like to lose as little as possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick

DDSS, Inc.