[Farmall] 1944 Farmall B Question

cvill cvill at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 1 07:08:07 PDT 2008

I noticed a bit of antifreeze had come out of the cap an onto
the hood.

Having re-read this original post, Craig, the coolant should not push
out onto the hood, even if the radiator tank is overfilled.  This would
mean the seal in the radiator cap is not doing its job.  Time for a cap
repair or a new cap.  Pushing out the overflow _tube_ is normal and is
the reason for the tube being there.  Even if the system is not
overfull, a bad cap seal could allow coolant on the hood just from
coolant surge within the tank when the engine is running.

Hope this helps.

Charlie V. in sunny WNY