[AT] Chainsaw - 2 years without shrpening?

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Sat Oct 18 15:49:29 PDT 2008

Steve-
Tell me your secret to keeping a chain for 2 years without sharpening it!  I
find if I file every two tanks of fuel I can usually get about 4-5 filings
before needing to get the chain ground professionally.  Now, I am cutting a
lot of junk cherry, buckthorn and honeysuckle to the ground level (so I
don't dig stumps) and this is really hard on the chains - no matter how
careful I am.  Any standing ash or willow is a lot of fun to saw with the
Stihl 290, but they are just occasional treats and the blade does last a lot
longer in comparison.  Is your wood just so much cleaner or is there a real
secret that no one tells me?
Carl Gogol - Manlius, NY
Tasty grazing in the Oran valley of Central NY
AC D14, 914H
JD 5320 MFWD
Kubota F-2400, B7300HST
Simplicity 7116H