[AT] Chainsaw reccomendations - chain?

Mike msm10301 at juno.com
Sat Oct 18 07:07:22 PDT 2008

I have had gotten good performance using full chisel chains from Cutters Choice. Need to be careful though.  Mike M

-- "carl gogol" <cgogol at twcny.rr.com> wrote:
I agree with the general recommendation of sticking to the Stihl or
Huskavarna lines for saws - but wondered if anyone has an opinion on the
best chains to use?  I have two stihls, a 180 (miniboss) which is their
answer for homeowners because it is so light and has the no-tool tension
adjustment as well as a 290 farm boss for the serious cutting.  I have been
using Stihl chains exclusively, but wondered if anyone is happier with
another brand, like Oregon?  I fellow I let hunt on our place was cutting
with me and ruined his chain on a rock and got a new Oregon chain at the
local hardware store.  It seemed to cut really well.  I know everyone on
this list has an opinion.
Carl Gogol - Manlius, NY
Tasty grazing in the Oran valley of Central NY
AC D14, 914H
JD 5320 MFWD
Kubota F-2400, B7300HST
Simplicity 7116H, 3112H