[AT] OT Chainsaw recommendations?

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Oct 17 21:22:32 PDT 2008

I had an echo a stihl 015 and a Poulan.

The stihl was great as it had a top handle and was like an arborist saw.
   balanced and cut fast.

The echo worked me to death, and it just would not cut like the Poulan.
    The Poulan had to be pulled about 5 times the first time it started,
but then it was like my old IHC truck, it cut nearly as good as the
Stihl and was 3 times faster than that Echo   The Poulan also only cost
$139 at Wal Mart.  It ran for over 4 years cutting trees at ground level
clearing stuff out of the fencerows and really in some rough stuff.  It
was really abused.  Don't know how long it would have lasted as I had to
turn it in when I retired.

Cecil in OKla