[AT] patent search

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 19:47:38 PDT 2008

Guy,
    The USPTO site says they have full page patent information from
1790 forward on their site. Without a patent number I was able to find
960 patents for 1853 by searching the issue date. The pages are only
viewable as tiff images but that shouldn't be too big a hurdle if you
have a browser configured appropriately.

Go to

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.htm

Select the entire database (1790 to present)

in the search query type in:

ISD/12/25/1852->1/1/1854

That should get you the ones from 1853.

If you know the patent number you can grab the one you want. I picked
one at random out of the list and it showed up fine.

Hope this helps.

Ken in AZ