[AT] While we're on the subject of generators

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 6 17:09:44 PDT 2008

Exactly, Bruce.  As a result, when I wired my new shop, I hooked them all together on the same buss.  That was a No-No, and the inspector told me so.  I complained that I looked for a box that had the separate buss in it and there weren't any.  He then proceeded to tell me the busses are in a little box on the shelf with a separate price tag on them.  So I searched at Home Depot and found the things hidden on a shelf about waist high, bought one, installed it with the grounding screw I had used for something else, and went to the trouble of separating all the neutrals from the grounds so I could hook them all back up together again.  It's a Royal Pain, but that's the way the code is written.

Larry