[Farmall] Couple more newbie questions

CDHORN at aol.com CDHORN at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 10:13:37 PDT 2008

I agree that the wide front pivots to a point where a rear wheel could  lift.
 I saw my Dad using our H with narrow front and loader hauling rocks  in a
flat field.  The narrow front tried to cross a dead furrow and a rear  wheel
lifted, but luckily did not go over.  That wouldn't have happened  with a wide
front because both front wheels would not have hit the furrow at the  same time.
 Also when the pivot does reach the end of  it's  throw, you have a much
longer (compared to non-existent with the narrow front)  lever arm to fight the
tip. All other things like weight and fluid help,  but you don't have to be on a
side hill to flip.  Also when driving, keep  the bucket as low as possible.

Clark
F-20