[AT] Fuel price

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 31 05:52:42 PDT 2008

Fuel is down a good bit but still not enough in NC.
There is an oil jobber here that will let contractors and farmers pick fuel
up at the terminal down to as little as 50 gals.  I bought 110 gal of non
highway from him last week for $2.71 or so.  I suspect it's lower now.
Highway diesel is still about 3.50.  Gasoline is about 2.55.
According to a driver for one of the oil jobbers we are really getting
ripped of on gas right now.   I talked to him about 10 days ago and he told
me they were paying $1.55 for regular gasoline at the pipeline terminal.  Of
course they have to add shipping, tax (44 cents in NC), overhead and profit
but he said it really should be about $2.15.  Crude has dropped close to 10
a barrel since I had that conversation.

Charlie

Charlie