[AT] Off topic Open Office PDF UPDATE Larry Goss

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Fri Oct 24 10:44:41 PDT 2008

Open Office has offered PDF file format export capability for quite some
time(years). MS Office 2007 now also offers the ability to save in PDF format.
I suspect that MS felt the competitive pressure from Open Office and therefore
started offering the same capability. I'm not a huge user of the Office packages
but for a casual user I suspect Open Office does most of everything we need and
is a free download. Whereas MS Office is quite expensive. I've used Power Point
the most of all the MS Office packages but haven't tried to see if there are any
issues using those same files with Open Office. My son who has his own Computer
Services business only recommends Open Office to his customers.

Dean Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.
 George Bernard Shaw