[Farmall] Lancaster Farming ads for 10/18

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Oct 19 10:49:24 PDT 2008

It appears that the Website page for the "Mailbox Markets" for 10/18 is
down for reasons unknown. We had the dedication of our renovated and
expanded firehouse on Saturday, and, with all of the festivities, I
didn't get a chance to check the Website until now.

Prior to the ceremonies, I used my International 240U and Woods 6'
finish mower to cut down the 4 acres of grass and weeds in the field
next to the firehouse. The job went very well (which was a surprise - I
usually encounter Murphy's Law when doing something like that). I did
have one problem - I stopped at town hall to wash my hands on my drive
back, and the tractor refused to start. Just a "click" of the brand new
solenoid. I removed the starter and turned the armature half a turn, put
it back on, and the engine started up just fine. I have to think that I
may have a "dead" segment on the commutator. (This has happened before.)

Mike