[AT] Chainsaw - OT

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 18 15:54:08 PDT 2008

While we have been on this thread, I kept thinking there was something about Sthil, today it hit me.

I move to Tenn. in 1977 (Elvis died the week we moved there, quite an ordeal). I was going to be heating with wood, so started looking for a chainsaw.  I went to the local True Value which was a large one. I had bought a woodburning stove and other items there. I asked the floor clerk if they handled Sthil chainsaws.  His reply, "You want to steal a chainsaw?". No, do you have Sthil chainsaws.  "I am not going to let you steal a chainsaw.  I explained, it is a brand.  "You wait right there, if you think you are stealing a chainsaw, I am getting the manager!"  Well, at the least the manger was from Mich and knew what a Sthil saw was, but no they did not carry them. I came back to IN and bought a McCoulgh (sp). I did buy my Echo weed whacker from that store in TN.  The first time I read the joke about the 3 wise men wearing firemen's hats, it really hit home.  The 3 wisemen wore firemen's hat because they came from afar.

Paul - Back in IN