[AT] Off topic Open Office and computer associations. OT

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:52:47 PDT 2008

On 10/15/08, Larry Goss <rlgoss at insightbb.com> wrote:
> For those of you who are using Open Office, I have a question -- does the
> program have a direct method for generating PDF files?  PDF file generation
> is now a feature of Word and WordPerfect.  Is it available directly in Open
> Office?
>
> BTW, the feature is not bundled with Word as it comes from the company.  You
> have to ask for it on-line or have it sent to you by mail, but it is free.
>
> With the late versions of Adobe Acrobat, bi-directional file translation
> through PDF is possible.  The instructions say that you can only go back
> from PDF to the word processor that was originally used for the material,
> but I have found that is not a hard and fast restriction.
>
> Larry

==================================

Here is something to look at. I know nothing about it personally.
http://www.primopdf.com/

Another to look at:
http://www.pdfpdf.com/

And another:
http://www.acrosoftware.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

I used to absolutely hate PDF files (slooooow) but since I finally got
a couple of fast computers and broadband I don't have any problems
with them.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)