[AT] Off topic Open Office and computer associations. OT

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Wed Oct 15 08:14:05 PDT 2008

For those of you who are using Open Office, I have a question -- does the program have a direct method for generating PDF files?  PDF file generation is now a feature of Word and WordPerfect.  Is it available directly in Open Office?

BTW, the feature is not bundled with Word as it comes from the company.  You have to ask for it on-line or have it sent to you by mail, but it is free.

With the late versions of Adobe Acrobat, bi-directional file translation through PDF is possible.  The instructions say that you can only go back from PDF to the word processor that was originally used for the material, but I have found that is not a hard and fast restriction.

Larry