[AT] Valspar Paint from TSC?

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Oct 14 14:32:27 PDT 2008

william.neff.powell at comcast.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I bought a quart of Valspar paint from TSC along with a can of their
> hardener.
>
> Wondering if I am wasting my time with these products? I don't need
> perfection but I want to do a little better than a "rattle can" job.
>

> I'm looking to paint some pieces black on my tractor and I also want
> to try it on a motorcycle frame.
>
> Does this paint hold up well?
>
> Regards,
>
> Will Powell (PA)

Valspar makes some good paints. They also make some real crap. I tried
some of the house paint and it had so little pigment that you could use
it as a stain. The enamel I tried seemed to be a better product. It
thinned OK and went on fine. Not sure how it is holding up since I sold
the implement I shot. I can say the earlier paint they sold SUCK@*. That
stuff covered in three coats, then it started to turn pink in about a
week. That was even with hardener and a clear coat....

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York