[AT] Fordson tractor show 1922

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 10:34:06 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Richard Strobel
<Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:
> Ken, I'm glad you got to see the Butte Mining Museum!!  Sad to say that a
> lot of good ole iron is sitting out in the open and has to bear the Montana
> weather.
>
> RickinMt.

Lots of iron there for sure. Apparently my great-grandfather worked up
to being a shop superintendent at one of the mines in Butte and my
grandmother grew up there. We were looking into the history from a
bunch of angles when we were there. My daughter enjoyed it too.

We also got to see them putting in the wind generators at a tremendous
rate up there. And of course we had to check out various iron piles.
It was a good vacation this year.

They indicated the Fordson Museum (wherever it is back east) doesn't
have one of those pontoon types. They only made a small number (5 or
so from what the guide knew) for snow and mud. As Gene noted, the main
reason they didn't catch on is they were too tough to control. Might
work on flat surfaces, maybe.

Ken in AZ