[AT] Fall Cleanup

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Oct 10 07:09:49 PDT 2008

    Dick;
    A good soaking of the leaves with Roundup around trees will kill the
growing plants. I also use a product called Triplet where I don't want to
kill the grass, such as your shelter belts. 2-4-5T is still a good product
to kill brush, but will kill young trees, but not the grass.
    Poison ivy will take many applications to eradicate as the berries will
stay in the soil waiting to get an opportunity to germinate. Application of
Triplet will give about 45 to 60 days protection of new growth and kill
existing young sprouts. Apply it about once a month to keep it active.
Mowing of open areas as often as possible will be effective and prevent
plants from going to seed.
    Eradication is an ongoing job, but with determination it can be done.

                    Gene