[AT] wiring

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Mon Oct 6 21:56:39 PDT 2008

Very interesting situation going on with the 2008 NEC edition.

New requirements for Arc Fault breakers on every branch,
which would raise the cost of a house significantly ~$1k.

Electricians are screaming, only a few states have adopted it.

I understand Ohio adopted it, then rescinded at least the Arc Fault
requirements due to all the objections.

Arc Fault breakers have several issues, false trips on inductive loads,
even microwaves, and they don't provide Ground Fault protection,
which is a much more probable event.

Dave Merchant