[AT] need help with 6KW generator

Wrench50 at aol.com Wrench50 at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 16:52:27 PDT 2008

I have a 6KW generator on a trailer mounted light tower. I only get about 3
to 3 1/2 volts on each 110 volt leg. I flashed the field with 12  volts  per
manual. (+ to diode - to rotor shaft) still no out put.  This is a Marathon
Electric Pancake generator with a 4 cyl. Diesel. It is brush  less, has one diode
(good), one suppressor (?)and a capacitor (good). A very  simple system. What
am I missing? Customer service was no help.
 Can any one help?  O YA  I have it hooked to my Case 500  Diesel (tractor
reference)
Wrench50