[Farmall] newbie questions

Lisa Kelley pippi-longstocking- at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:28:09 PDT 2008

Well lads, thanks much for the tips. I will definately get that overrun clutch. I have heard this debate over the tricycle vs. wide before. I would agree  that the wide front doesn't change the high center of gravity or make it significantly safer to drive like a jacka-s ;-)------- I was thinking it might reduce problems getting hung up or stuck in a lumpy field or woods road I have several old 'famahs' as they say  'up heeyah' with many hours on their backside working tricycle tractors. I'm glad to have them as babysitters. They all seem to say, run it slow in low gear, practice get used to the thing,  don't cut your wheel hard and slam on the brakes, don't try to pull the 'skiddah' out the mud with it...We actually seem to have more tales of so and so's trying to pull stuck things out with them and flipping them over backwards than rolling them over the side. Interesting since we have no shortage of slopes and hills 'round heeyah'. One thing old fella down the road sugested was getting a snow blade---he said he used one for years to plow his place in winter and that it worked out very well. -Were  there blades specifically made for the H style tractors or are they homemade jobby doos?  The MD loader i looked at had elaborate structure for the lift arms, and i guess the bucket's came off etc. so would a snow blade mount up to that lift contraption too? Or is a whole seperate can of worms? I'm just not clear what I should be keeping an eye out for in our local swap mag Yep-- so thanks for bearing with my un-savvy questions. Thankfully I have several old fellas coaching me so I don't tear up the implements and crash "old red" ...or myself --- worse case scenario me and the H will just dress up once a year as Rosie the Riveter for the 4th of july parade ;-)     'Horse Sense is a thing horses have that keeps them from betting on people' ~ W.C. Fields