[AT] Thanksgiving Day tractor chores+trees

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Nov 30 21:00:31 PST 2008

Roy Morgan wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2008, at 3:34 PM, Gene Dotson wrote:...
>>    I have found the perfect use for hackberry and mulberry trees!!!
>> Fasten
>> a chain to them and pull them over rough ground. Did a beautiful job
>> smoothing the ground I cleared in my woods and even rakes over the
>> rocks and
>> brush.
>
> No hackbury trees here, unfortunately.  But I do  have some rough
> pasture.
>
> What's a good, economical way to smooth over the ground hog holes, ant
> hills, and other undulations that cause trouble in a hay field?
>
> Roy
>
> Roy Morgan
> k1lky at earthlink.net
> 529 Cobb St.
> Groton NY, 13073

I use as home built drag once a year to smooth the lawn. Took two
sections of I beam welded them together with a couple pieces of bar
stock so they sit level with the flanges vertical. Then I welded a few
rings to the back and attached a length of chain length behind that.
It works good for dirt and in the winter I use it to groom snowmobile
trails as well. Just take the blocks off so it doesn't dig in as much.
 From the side it looks like  H=H-~~~

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York