[AT] Thanksgiving Day tractor chores+trees

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 13:44:33 PST 2008

Hey, my oldest daughter and half of her family just left after
dropping 2 Xmas trees... does that count?
:-)
The smaller one my grandson took was all of 5' tall and I hollered
"timber" when it went down...
-
Sorry... we didn't need a tractor.
:-]
-
I did finally settle on the proper place to set up my new Wood-mizer
where the cutter head section will be inside of a building and I will
use some exterior plywood to make simple covers for the bed part that
will be outside so I can load logs easily with a tractor and forks or
loader. With the cutter assembly fully at the back end of the track a
door will just barely close and that part will be fully out of the
weather when not in use. I guess that the next thing I need to do is
order a load of stone for that spot to have a good base to sit it on
and so I can work and move logs with out walking in the mud. I'll get
something a little coarse so that it can't get worked into the bark of
the logs and dull the blade. A larger rock stuck to a log is easy to
see and knock off.
My original plan was to set it up over at the woods in the next county
but just as sure as I did the engine at least would disappear... I'll
haul the logs instead.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)