[AT] plows

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Fri Nov 28 21:03:22 PST 2008

Ed,

Actually. JD did offer a integral(underslung) moldboard plow for the unstyled B
all the way back to 1937.  The Yakima Hitches were designed by a company in
Yakima, WA (Lindeman Company - same company that did the crawler conversions for
JD) in the later 40's trying to get around the Ferguson System patent and were
sold for use on John Deere tractors that had a rock shaft lift. Quite a few
different implements were sold that could only be used with that proprietary
hitch. When the Ford/Ferguson patent suit got settled in 1952 it became fair
game for other manufacturers to design and sell three point hitches. The first
JD tractor that had a full conventional three point hitch (Category I) with load
and depth control was the JD Model 40 which was announced in 1952. .

Dean Van Peursem
Apache Junction, AZ

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.
 George Bernard Shaw