[AT] Horrible harvesting conditions.

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 25 17:34:46 PST 2008

 An older friend once told me of cutting beans with a IH 91 combine. The
field was beside a sparsely graveled dirt road. Evidently the summer/fall
was very dry and the field was covered in road dust. He was cutting the
field for a neighbor. The dust was so bad after the first round he told the
fellow that they would have to take turns cutting.

 I had some beans one year that had so much dust coming off the plants that
I would have a 1/4" of dust in my lap befoe I could get a bin cut (no cab on
the combine). I could not see the cutterbar on the header--on a sunshine
filled afternoon. I just had to guess how low I was cutting.I think I
resorted to a respirator to get those fields cut.

John