[Farmall] O-12 parts

Chris Klossner Klossner at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 24 19:42:59 PST 2008

  I recently machined some carburetors from a foundry in Indianapolis.
The quality was not too bad considering the complex shape. The metal was
also consistent which greatly improves machining. Especially when there
are 1/16" passages 1" long to be drilled. I am going to be machining
another carburetor form a foundry in Minnesota  when it arrives  I will
let you know how it turns out.  I have worked on some from a place in
Kansas the appearance is good but lot of hard spots in the metal.  There
is also an amish  foundry in Pennsylvania  they do good work just slow
turn around.  I know someone that had a steam engine gear on order from
them that took over a year to get. The steam engine gear was cast from
an original  so it is 5/16" smaller than it should be.  Many of the gas
engine parts that I machine are  brass but the originals were iron.  It
does not make too much difference since most are internal parts or get
painted. I will track down some contact information and send it along.

  Chris Klossner
 http://home.att.net/~klossner/