[AT] was fly nets now joints

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Nov 24 17:57:52 PST 2008

CEE VILL wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I had not heard the inversion term before,
>  but have been trying to think of a was to safely hang either upright
>  or inverted to decompress joints.  Have not come up with a way to do
>  this in the house.  When I was a kid, I used to spend a lot of time
> hanging from the knees on a "skin the cat" bar.  It felt good to do
> that.  Now having seen a hip x-ray showing bone on bone contact, I am
>  not sure it would help.  The medical plan now is to literally grease
>  the joint with some injected jelly.  If that helps even for a short
> time, it will be assumed the joint causes the pain.  That is not an
> adventure i am looking for, but I am pretty useless as it is now.
>
> Charlie V

Bone on bone isn't good, the cushion of cartilage may be gone OR the
fluid in it may have been squeezed out. That is similar to what happens
with a herniated disc in your back.

I talked about it to a couple doctors and one even told me that he
would write out a prescription for one if I wanted.

  When you look at them the concept is dead simple. Hooks to hold your
feet and a way to invert the body and recover from same. I built mine
from a plastic Costco table with a few chunks of angle iron to reinforce
it, for the uprights I used a pair of old engine stands with extended
tops. Then I mounted a cheap 110 winch in case I couldn't recover
easily. For the foot anchors I made a pair of prongs out of flat stock
and wrapped some pipe insulation around them. The straps are simple tie
downs from Wal~Mart.

All of it can come apart easily to be put back to original use if needed.

http://www.losethebackpain.com/inversion3.html
http://www.healthyback.com/categories/inversion-tables/
http://www.inversiontables.com/

--