[AT] Need brush cutter in Central NY

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 19 12:06:30 PST 2008

I'm a bit late replying to this one but having read all the follow ups re:
adding a 3 point hitch to the W4, I thought I'd suggest considering a
trailing type rotary mower. If you have mostly open areas with no tight
corners and fancy turns required a trail type works fine. I've used my Farm
King 6 foot rotary mower for the past 16 years behind a variety of tractors
with good results. Cockshutt 40 is about the best as it is the narrowest.
The Case 730 is probably the most economical but just a shade wider than the
40 which makes it harder to cut close to a fence line.
Farm King makes a pretty good three point rotary but this trail type has
served me well, taken some abuse (rocks, small trees) with no major problems
and can be used on any tractor with hydraulics, pto, and a standard drawbar
hitch.

Ralph in Sask.