[AT] Ferguson tractor

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 05:46:50 PST 2008

I still couldn't get it to come up so I finally just went to the
Oklahoma City page and then "Farm & garden" and searched for
"Ferguson". The link I got was:
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/923341307.html
Maybe that will work.
When I started looking for mine I was amazed at how many had been
painted to look like Fords. Here is another painted like a Ford but
blue at the Oklahoma City site.
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/897576550.html
While I intend to paint my TO-20 original I do understand people
painting old tractors differently as a statement. My father and I
painted the TO-20 he had bought new so that it looked like a Massey
Ferguson. We used the MF paints from the dealer and did a very careful
job on it. That was long before I got into showing tractors. In fact
there were very few tractor shows at all back then. It was actually
quite common for farmers around here to repaint tractors different
colors. Back after WW-II when my father bought two McCormick 10-20s
and made one out of them, one of them had been painted John Deere
green. A lot of the old gray "F" series Farmalls and old Regulars were
later painted red. While I see a lot of repaints that I don't like I
made a couple of minor paint variations on both my Allis C and my MM-R
largely just to annoy the "correct police"...   :-)
If I were to paint this TO-20 a differently I would probably paint it
like the TO-35 with the greenish color chassis. I see a lot of those
that don't have the right colors on them either. We saw one some years
ago that was painted Ferguson gray and John Deere green. Not a pretty
thing...
Sitting here writing this a vision of my TO-20 painted the same color
scheme as Larry Dotson's Cockshutt flashed across my mind. Now that
would be a pretty tractor... This one is not Larry's beauty but you
get the idea:
http://www.tractorshed.com/photoads/upload/57229.jpg
I'll still paint mine original but it is fun to think about,
especially the reaction of the correct police.   ;-)
I don't consider miss-painting to be damaging to the tractor. It is
easy to re-do them.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)