[AT] N-series Fords and TO-series Fergusons

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:39:30 PST 2008

I love the TO-35s and 135s but a decent one is more $$$ than I want to spend.
There are only a few practical reasons I am buying one...   :-) I
certainly don't need more HP, I have HP coming out of my ears... If
you look at my list of implements I mentioned you will see that I
didn't list any that needed any amount of HP above what one of these
has. Trust me, I have enough experience with these things to know
"exactly" how they operate and what they will do and not do. As an
example I would never consider using one to bush-hog heavy brush. They
simply were not designed for the job, those mowers came along in the
mid to late 1950s. On the other hand I would have no qualms about
hanging my 5' finish mower on one and "clipping" my mowed trails.
If you are careful you can get the tough bush-hogging job done with
one but it should be done in several passes.
As George has pointed out in the past they were not designed for heavy
loader work either. You can do that work with them but you have to not
 try to move half the planet at once like most of us are prone to do.
That doesn't mean that you cant use one to load manure or the odd rock
or bit of dirt but an industrial earth mover they are not.
I'm retired... I'm looking at this as a "handy" little tractor that is
light to haul, will do what I want it to and a series of tractors I
grew up with and liked. They were not antiques when I grew up.   :-)
I'm retired... I don't have to be practical and damn well don't intend to be...
:-)

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)