[AT] Gas Cans

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 9 06:38:32 PST 2008

John, when I was a teenager I'd go in the field early in the morning with
the breaking plow or harrow on daddy's D-10.  About 9 am he'd bring me a
Pepsi and a pack of nabs or cinnamon bun, around noon he'd bring me 2
cheeseburgers and a Pepsi and two 5 gal cans of gas.  About 3 he'd bring me
another Pepsi and nab and I'd go home at dusk dark with the fire from the
exhaust lighting my way.  Most days I didn't even get out of the tractor
seat.  I'd eat lunch while he poured the gas in the tank and the Pepsi and
nab didn't take long to devour.

The D-10 has a 12 gal tank and it would burn just under 2 gals an hour under
a heavy load.  22 gals of gas made for a long day.

Charlie