[AT] Fuel cans and dispensing - ideas requested

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 6 08:12:18 PST 2008

So far I've had no splitting of Blitz plastic containers either gas
or diesel -- but I'd really like to second the comment about the
unvented spouts.  These spouts trap gas when they are inverted in the
can -- their normal closed position.  When they are removed and
inverted to install as a spout, considerable gas spills out.  I've
tried different ways of doing this but still get a lot of spill.  The
Blitz cans say they are CARB (California Air Resources Board)
approved.  Probably due to the lack of venting when closed there is
less atmospheric emission?  However, when the spout is removed and
installed to pour, the emissions are considerable due to
spillage.  Very difficult to see these ventless cans as being an
improvement environmentally.  I've wondered what the CARB approval is
supposed to achieve!

I recently purchased a valve/vent that replaces the normal Blitz
spout.  Haven't used it yet but hope it results in less
spillage.  Anyone have experience with these handle valves (Home
Depot purchase)?

Bob Holtzer